Monday, September 10, 2012

Another Vintage Holiday


As I mentioned in my last post, my grandmother has asked me to make her a lap quilt version of the Vintage Holiday quilt using Christmas fabrics. I immediately got online and bought a layer cake of Dear Mr. Claus by Cosmo Cricket. The prints are charmingly retro, as so many of their collections are. This time I'm only making nine blocks instead of the original twelve so that it will be the perfect size for Grandma to use when she's relaxing in her chair at home.


This time I decided to be a lot more organized as I attacked my cutting and sorting, placing the pieces for each block in a numbered plastic bag so that I could sew them up all at once.


It makes the process so much easier to do things this way, and I really need to do it more often. Tomorrow I plan to finish up the blocks with the edging and possibly start on the rest of her quilt top since I'm trying to get this done in time to be delivered on Friday. And then, of course, I need to work on my own quilt top as well...

The days are full, but it's a (mostly) happy kind of chaos. Hope your day is happy too. :)

11 comments:

  1. Oh, this one looks to be as wonderful as the first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! Very festive:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this is going to be such a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric collection you picked out! How adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fun fabric choice for Grandma. So nice of you to whip her one up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric choice! I love the use of the little baggies for the individual blocks too. It can be so hard to stay organized sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I've been dying for this fabric and I think this might have just sold me!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that fabric! Haven't seen too much of that around yet, it will be fun to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't zip-loc bags the greatest for organizing? I made a Winnie-the-Pooh colored quilt once and had the stars cut out for paper piecing in different zip-loc bags :) It'll be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. I think your granny is one smart cookie, asking for this quilt. You're lucky to have her, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...