Monday, March 30, 2015

Busy Girl Sews Tour

Busy Girl Sews Tour for Sew Organized for the Busy Girl by Heidi Staples

Today is the first day of the Busy Girl Sews Tour, a chance for some of my friends to share their version of projects from my book. Rather than pack a lot into a short amount of time, I decided to make this a weekly tour. Every Monday you'll get a little dose of inspiration and maybe even a few organizing tips from some wonderfully talented sewing bloggers. We're kicking it off today at Lily's Quilts with the only giveaway of our tour. Lynne has three copies of the book to share with you, so be sure to leave a comment on her post!

I wouldn't be where I am today without Lynne. Her monthly Fresh Sewing Day blog link-up was the first one I ever joined back when Fabric Mutt was just over a month old, and that involvement changed the life of my blog and my entire sewing experience by introducing me to the encouragement of the online quilting community for the first time. She also gave me the chance to make a few projects for the Fat Quarterly e-magazine when I was very new to pattern writing, and I'm so grateful for those experiences now which trained me for later projects. On top of everything else, Lynne is an incredibly brilliant pattern designer, prolific author, and just plain lovely human being. If you haven't visited her blog before, you must stop by for a visit!

The tour schedule for the next few months is:

March 30 - Lynne of Lily's Quilts (Today's Tour Kickoff & Book Giveaway!)
April 6 - Jodi of Tales of Cloth & Angela of Cut to Pieces
April 13 - Lindsay of Craft Buds & Debbie of A Quilter's Table
April 20 - Leanne of She Can Quilt
April 27 - Fat Quarter Shop
May 4 - Erin of Why Not Sew?
May 11 - Jennifer of Ellison Lane Quilts
May 18 - Svetlana of SOTAK Handmade
May 25 - Lucy of Charm About You
June 1 - Maureen of Maureen Cracknell Handmade
June 8 - Becca of Bryan House Quilts
June 15 - Beth of Plum & June
June 22 - Jessica of Quilty Habit
June 29 - Caroline of Sew Can She
July 6 - Heidi of Fabric Mutt (Tour Wrap!)

Thank you so much for coming along on this tour with us!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what everyone has made Heidi. This must be such an exciting time for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a book, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a line up! I'm excited (and can I say how much I love your 'busy girl sews' button!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have already been hearing great things about this new book, so I am super excited to see the new reveals at each stop of this fun bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did enter the giveaway but decided to just go ahead and buy the book. If I am fortunate enough to win a copy I will pass it on through my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw your book on cut to pieces! Love it. I want it ...now! Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...